Thursday, April 03, 2008

and IT stands for...

I have this new job at an IT firm...I am working as a receptionist for the spring and summer and it is very unstimulating.  I always thought i would like a job that had a ton of free time to read or do whatever I needed to do with no pressure, but I should have known myself better than that.  All I do is answer phones and transfer the caller to whoever they want to talk to - same with the faxes.  The other administrative people are slowly teaching me other things to do, but I'm starting to go a little stir crazy!  I'm bringing my Ped books with me to read and learn some things while I sit on my butt and talk to people who have crazy accents on the phone.  This company is in cahoots with a China based company, so we get a lot of Chinese people calling.  Which is cool, except I can't understand what they are saying.  That's about the only stimulating part of the job.  That and the people I work with are very friendly and talkative, so that helps.  Anyway, I am very thankful for the job and Jon and I no longer need to worry about where the next rent check is going to come from.  Thank you, Lord.

No comments: