Tuesday, May 27, 2008

the dream resurfaces

Fitz came over tonight, and that always means that we talk about the voice for an obscene amount of time. And I love every minute of it. He has been studying voice in an opera department in a school in MA getting his masters, off to a YA program in June and singing singing singing and I am sighing and wishing I was singing more. I know I am where I am supposed to be for now, but it is so hard to see other people living this dream that I want to pursue and am not sure how to go about it. So, I am taking lessons, learning rep, trying to master singing languages I don't know how to speak, and talking to Fitz - who, when he returns from the Key West, says he can introduce me to some people at his school and I could sing for them, if I want to. I think I do. It would be pretty intimidating, but I want to see what would happen.

No comments: