Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My first audition in a very long while

Starting the audition process is intimidating, but rewarding. I have auditioned for a small opera company in W., Ma, and just heard back from them that they will not be using me for their upcoming shows. But, on the upside, they sent me a personal email saying that they really enjoyed hearing me, let me know that I was "seriously considered" and if someone ends up dropping out, they will give me a call. So, there is a chance I could still be used. They encouraged me to audition again in the future. So, I think that is an encouragement. I know I have a lot to work on, and I don't think that was the best audition I've even done, so for them to still be pleased for the most part is a good sign. I will press on. I would like to audition for the BSR general auditions next, so that will be the next focus until something else presents itself. At least I made an effort!

1 comment:

S. Erik said...

Absolutely stay in there!!!

There are too many stories of artists who never gave up and then - one day - that break came.
Remember: There is nothing preventing you from winning except having a negative attitude.
So always avoid that and "SAIL ON."
:)