Monday, January 26, 2009

choices

...sometimes I think my motivation to pursue performance is lagging behind my sense of duty to take care of my family. I really want to sing. So much so that I try not to think about everything it would take to realize that dream...it would take sacrifice that I am sure I would regret. It would take time away from my husband and son and any future children that I am not sure I want them to remember. I grew up with a stay at home mom who was a wonderful provider and always there to help with anything. This was my own view of the family that I knew someday I would have. I just thought I would get my chance to pursue performing first. Obviously, I chose to marry my husband and have a child...and I don't regret that. They is one of the great joys of my life. But, it leaves my dream stranded. How do I pursue this dream of singing and still be the wife and mother I know I need to be?

No comments: