Monday, April 27, 2009

let's commemorate every little thing in the children's lives

My little 4th graders are singing in a "moving on" ceremony at the end of this school year, and I have to come up with two songs for them to perform for the parents. I think these kinds of things are a little ridiculous anyway, but I think I came up with a sweet song for them to sing. It's a song called "In my Life" by a little band called the Beatles...maybe you've heard of them? :) I just had my first practice with one of the 4th grade classes, and they are going to be so sweet sounding when they sing it. I love it already.

The other song we are doing is partly a lyricist project. I'm going to take a strophic folk song and have them make up the words for the story, telling about their time in school up to this point. I don't really know if this is a good idea or not, but I hope we will be able to pull it off appropriately.

Gotta go, time for 3rd grade.

No comments: