Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm worried.
I'm fearful.
I'm tired.
I'm not able to catch up.
I'm keeping it to myself.
I'm overanalyzing.
I'm doubting turning thinking.
I'm needing.
I'm sad.

Lord, You know my tears. You know the joys that come in spite of fear and longings for things to be different. You know what I want, and You know what I need. You know where they coincide even as I don't. I trust that I can be whatever I am right now and You know me through and through. Even as I struggle to reveal it to those You've placed close to me. I can trust that You are the great I AM, even though I must remind myself to let go and not cling to what I believe to be better at one moment, and try to accept as gone the next. I want to be strong, but You know me to be weak. And still I am loved beyond reason. Thank You for the times past. Please give me strength to forge along to times ahead. Defeat the demons of discontect, cynicism, and despair that claw at my heart. I am Yours. Let that truth reign in me.

Amen

No comments: