Thursday, August 06, 2009

Just finished Gilbert and Sullivan night with Longwood Opera. What a disorganized mess that was. :( Not too fun to be a part of as a performer, but I don't think the audience caught on. They seemed to love it! I've decided that I need to learn more G&S stuff...since it's pretty popular everywhere and good for young singers to learn. Not my favorite music, but entertaining enough.

Next performance: The Flower Duet from Lakme by Delibes. Singing with another amazing singer that I met at Longwood.

Next audition Longwood Players (no relation to Longwood Opera) in Cambridge is holding auditions for "You're a Good Man Charlie Brown." It's Aug. 26 at about 8pm. I don't know if this is a good idea if I actually get a part, but I want to make myself start auditioning more, and the venue is only 45 minutes from our house.

I've been thinking that if I continue to pursue singing like this, it would behoove me to move closer to Boston. It wouldn't have to be too close, just closer so the drives in would be more like 20 minutes instead of 40. Maybe I can talk my hubby into that. That would work for our further schooling plans too.

No comments: