Tuesday, September 08, 2009

coming up next...

So, no go on "Charlie Brown"...but then I had already assumed that there was nothing there. I don't know that I would want to be part of something that didn't have people to choose from that could come to callbacks. I really hadn't been able to show them much, so I don't blame them at all. In fact, it's a bit of a relief, since the rehearsal schedule for that show was ridiculous! 4 nights a week this month and next and the show wasn't until Nov. 15th or something like that.

Next audition is late October for Magic Flute. 2-3 arias, one in English, perferably one Mozart. I have that, no problem. The rehearsals and show dates for this would take place between March 15 and late May (much more plausible!) and is a company I have auditioned for previously, but didn't get a role. But, they did encourage me to audition again, so here I am.

Really, I just need to keep auditioning, regardless of whether the time makes sense for me or not. At this point, I am still too nervous auditioning to sing well. It doesn't matter if it's an important audition or not. (See this)

I must get over the fear of rejection.

2 comments:

Amybeth said...

yes. you must get over that. because if you did not go out and try, what a waste that would be. seriously. you would be depriving people. =)

Jen said...

thanks, Amybeth. You're very sweet. I hope you are doing well!