Thursday, September 17, 2009

Opera Idol

Ooooo....this is cool.

I had a dream that I was going to try out next summer for American Idol (maybe because I watched "So You think you can Dance" last night) and was totally psyched for it. Then I saw an ad for Opera Idol in NH with the Lakes Region Opera company...I think there's a theme going on. So, I'm gonna do it. The competition is sometime in November. A couple friends of mine have done it in the past and said it was fun. There are cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, plus an "audience favorite" category (my friend won that category one year).

I think I'll do my "Una Voce Poco Fa"...it seems to get good feedback, plus it's definitely showy and fun.

1 comment:

Amybeth said...

Yeah...don't do the Americal Idol ones...
They are kind of awful and unfun.