Friday, November 06, 2009

Opera Idol Round 1: 7:20pm

Tonight I will walk into a Lutheran church and sing "Una Voce Poco Fa" as I hope to have never sung it before...and I hope that it is in the good way, not the bad. I have been feeling like a cold is trying to infiltrate my defenses - but I think I may have caught it with some AirBourne in time. This morning my ears were a little wonky, but I drank some coffee, then drank lots of water, warmed up and FELT GREAT. Singing went SO well this morning - I just hope I can sing that well in front of a panel. There are quite a few songs that I have been working on, and I think at this point I need to start having some good friends watch and listen and give tips on how to make the stage presence, sound, and production all work together. I have so many friends who sing beautifully, and I need to take better advantage of that.

If I make it to the second round, the panel will choose a second song from four I will be presenting:

1) Una Voce Poco Fa, Il Barbieri di Sivilgia, by Rossini
2)Pres des Remparts de Seville, Carmen, by Bizet
3)Va! laisse couler mes larmes, Werther, by Massenet
4)Lullaby, The Consul, by Menotti

I feel great with all four, so I hope to just overcome anxiety and remember that all is in the Lord's hands.

So, the kids are asleep, the house is quiet, the laundry is done, and the scones I just made are a little burned, but still good. I am trying to ignore the little nervous turn of the stomach that hiccups into me when I am least expecting it...and focusing on God's word, my music, and my housework.

If I make it past the first round, I will be happy. If I don't, but feel I overcame my nerves and sang well...that will be enough for now. If you read this and get a moment to pray at 7:20pm for my nerves...I'd greatly appreciate it!

No comments: