Friday, January 15, 2010

what music means to me.

Photo slideshows and music just make me cry every time.

Add to that some sort of narrative or reading, and I'm done. In writing my philosophy of Music Education, I have to include a section on why music should be kept in the public schools...a good idea since so many programs are not high on the admin's profile. I don't think I'm very articulate when I describe what music means to me...but it means the world to me. A life without music is almost empty. I try to think that God would fill the void with something just as good, but I can't think what it would be. Music puts thoughts where there are none. Music gives life to nothingness. Music creates expression for things that are stuck. I think without music, I would be very much stuck inside myself with little to no outlets.

But...how do I write that in an oh-so-professional paper for my Masters program?

Hope you all have a beautiful long weekend.

No comments: