Sunday, May 09, 2010

peaceable singing

I am going to the C______ meeting in a couple on nights to find out if I have the Copland solo or not. I have an audition in a week with L_____ Opera for their summer concert season and fall production Hansel and Gretel. I love Hansel and Gretel...and I think I have a good chance to be in it. I hope I hope I hope. The production is paid as well. PAID! What would it be like to be paid to sing in a show...

I am not really nervous about this audition. There have been bigger things afoot here in our household. My son is starting a program to help him with his speech and social delays, and I am fearful. And I am praying. Very hard. If you know me, or even if you don't, I would covet your prayers for our little one. He is still the happy, beautiful child we've always known, but not progressing at the rate he should. We have appointments scheduled to make sure he's ok in other areas. I know God is in control, but please pray that the truth of that statement will give real peace to my heart, no matter what the tests show. The week has been moments filled with teary conversations whenever anyone wants to know what's going on. The good news is, he's getting help once, maybe twice a week and it will be great for him. I really feel that he is going to make big strides with these wonderful people who are trained to notice the little things. I just hope I can keep up.

So, all in all, hard times, but also good times. God is good and I am choosing to trust Him, even when I feel like breaking. So, what's an audition in light of that? It's just supposed to be music...beautiful music. And I will sing it that way, from inside of me to them.

No comments: