Monday, July 05, 2010

monday, monday, can't trust that day...

Today was in two. Two halves to a hot, stuffy, at-times-air-conditioned hot day. One half was spent with husband and son, in and around the apartment, eating, talking, listening to music, singing a bit, going to new playgrounds, giving new memories. The latter half was spent on campus, talking, but mostly listening, as I was not picked, lectured at, opinion-ed at, and generally frustrated. As I lay here, I have a knot in my tummy that won't go away, and I feel it has something to do with pride, something to do with my wanting justice, and everything to do with my lack of time spent with my Father. Typing papers and outlines and abstracts and presentations are all not so important as His time with me. I should go to the woodshed and visit with my Maker:

41. the book "You are Mine" by Max Lucado. I cannot read this book to Jeremiah without crying. How often I forget His love for me.

42. bright bright bright sunny days!

43. friends to celebrate America and eat strawberries and blueberries on cake

44. fans to spin the air and cool the passions

45. a little one who doesn't quite know what is best sometimes, but knows how to cling to those he trusts. I could learn from that.

46. enough

47. the beautiful music on A Holy Experience. Go listen and be soul-refreshed.

48. A husband who sweeps and cooks and comforts the child and me when we have no want for each other in our swells of emotion

49. knowledge of others who have gone before me

50. that God created music, and it is good. What a gift.

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make his face to shine upon you
to shine upon you and be gracious unto you


holy experience

No comments: