Thursday, January 13, 2011

multitude mondays...or thursdays.

Going to do a thankful thursday instead of a monday (which I haven't been doing in some time either...good job, Jen.) :) ugh. This is starting off well....I believe I left off at 50 last time (about 5 months ago?? yikes...can I actually commit to this blog and stop being so flaky?) Anyway...it's been a kind-of good then no-good day of beautiful, sunny weather outside shining on lots of snow; sick, whiny, testy little 3 year old boy; and achey, flu-like body o' mine in the midst of it all.

By the way, we got LOTS of snow yesterday. And 2 snow days because of it. wow. I tell ya what, wow. (name that movie?)

Here goes nothin'...I need this right now.

51. the satisfaction of feeding my family on a small budget, but still getting nutrients we need in us

52. A hubby who works hard to provide

53. A little boy who is so transparent in his need to be loved, despite his pushing and pulling and whining and driving-me-craziness. God made them cute for a reason.

54. God showing me one reason for children is to show me my relationship to Him

55. This recipe of Homemade Oreos. Mmmmmmm.

56. My son who shares (is brainwashed?) my love of funk, country, and dance music. He is SO cute when he dances around the house with me.

57. Emergency funds. Dave Ramsey is a lifesaver.

58. SNOW! and more SNOW! and MORE SNOW!!!

59. God's providence in our everyday life

60. Snow crystals on the windows

ok, I feel a little better. God is good...even when things seem crappy. He doesn't always make things all fuzzy and warm, despite what we think God "taking care of us" means - and I think that's a hard lesson to learn. Not that today was really that difficult, I just think my capacity to deal with it is diminished. While God is not safe...He is good. He will not make life hunky-dory. Or, if He does, that is the plan for you for some reason. If He doesn't, then that is also the plan for you. And His plan is best.

I have a blessed life. It is not the life I imagined as a child...heck, even the life I imagined 5 years ago...but it is blessed. He is teaching me to accept His plans for me. And they are plans for hope and prosperity. Even if it's not the specific type of prosperity I imagined, it is better to be submitting to God's plan than pushing to fulfill my own.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29.11

Jeremiah's name means "the Lord exalts" or "the Lord upholds." That was one reason I was ok with naming my son this somewhat strange, old-fashioned name. Jon came up with it, and, I have to say, I was not thrilled with it at first. But, I clung to it as I tried to figure out how to be a good mother and wife in our new family situation. And it is still something that I think of often as we go through different trials and learn different lessons with parenting and our changing lives.

hm...lots of thoughts here. If you're still with me, thanks. I feel more encouraged at the end of writing than I did when I started.

Here's to a new day tomorrow.


2 comments:

~Me said...

Isn't it great how writing and focusing on the blessings of life can help you push the not so great situations out of your mind?

I miss you guys! Wish we could've seen more of you at Christmas.

Ben and I snuck a peek at your Dave Ramsey books while we were there...some good stuff in there! Hope his wisdom helps you get where you want to be this year!

Jen said...

SO wish we could've seen you more at Christmastime...it was great we got to see you more than we thought though!

The Dave Ramsey books are awesome...if you guys are interested, it is a great way to get money going where you need it and become closer financially as a couple.

Hope home life has adjusted back to normal!