Saturday, April 16, 2011

I am overdue for an update. I will do it in list form. And I will, for the first time, try to add pictures.

I like typing in short sentences. It feeds the lazy in me.

1. I am done working until September. Official maternity leave has commenced!

2. I really like the school I work in. Even though it has many things I would change, it is, I believe, the best situation I could find myself in for my type of job.

3. I don't know if I'll still have a job to come back to in September. It's not looking good. It depends on a town meeting. I don't like depending on a town meeting.

4. I have been craving all sorts of dessert lately. And seafood. But not seafood dessert. That's gross.

4a. strawberry shortcake.

4b. devil's food cake bon-bons. (do they even make those? and don't they sound good?)

4c. mint-chocolate frappes. Yes, FRAPPE and not MILKSHAKE...I've had both, and the frappes are WAY better in every way, because they are basically ice cream. Milkshakes have their place. Like, on a McD's menu at midnight when you have no other options. But, if you do have options...FRAPPE.

4d. fried fisherman's platter with tarter and cocktail sauces on the side. Seriously. Mouth is watering.

5. Ok, so the last few weren't updates, just dreams. Sorry.

6. Jeremiah is the cutest ever and still drives me nuts. But I'll keep him.
6a. He now lets us know when he has to pee. either through a little dance, or by asking "can I go pee now", or by holding his crotch and looking pained. Mostly just the last one, but the second one is happening more and more. :)


6b. His way of arguing with us when he doesn't like our answer is to ask his question, again, louder, and then say the answer he wants after it even louder than that.


6c. This boy cannot get enough of us. I don't know how he is going to survive a baby coming into the picture.

7. We are about halfway done painting the bedrooms' trim a really pretty cream. It's really looking nice, and I'm thrilled, even though it takes forever.

8. I made homemade granola bars today, and they are pretty yummy, but won't stay together as bars. Disappointing.

9. I am 4 weeks away from having a baby! I hope...I dread both going too early and too late...in fact, I kinda dread the whole thing since I want to try to do this naturally this time. I know...many women do this all the time, it's not a big deal, but I am a big ol' wimp when it comes to pain. I don't really know why I'm so fixated on trying it naturally. Maybe it's my crazy "green" side spilling over into all areas of my life. Maybe I'll be doing something like this.

maybe not.

10. I have been trying to garden, unsuccessfully. I think tomato plants can get into gear in the next week or so...I'm going to buy them already grown to make it a bit easier this year, since i'm a little late getting the seeds in.

11. This baby moves a LOT. I think we are having a very active child. Which makes me nervous, because we already have an active child. And he did not move a lot in the womb.

12. I am starting to feel like I don't know what's about to hit me...and it might be a mack truck.

13. In the meantime, I will blissfully continue my life as if not much is about to change. That's the mature thing to do. :)

14. I feel compelled to add another thing, since everyone keeps reminding me (regardless of their religious beliefs) that my due date is Friday the 13th. So, now there are 14 things on my list. No picture for this one, they're all too gross.

No comments: