Friday, August 12, 2011

a child's prayer

the scene: bedtime, around 7:45pm.

Jeremiah: "I want to pray!"

me: "Ok, go ahead."

Jeremiah: "Dear Jesus, thank you for this day. Thank you for your love for us, and thank you for this day. Please bless the wall. Please bless the fan. Please bless the door. And please bless my table. And please bless Meemaw and Grandpa and Uncle Matt. Please bless Uncle Tim and Aunt Katie and Baby Andrew. And please bless Mommy and Isaac. And please bless this food. Oops, I mean, please bless my piggy bank. In Jesus' name, Aaaaa-men!"

3 comments:

~Me said...

I wish I could "like" this like you can on facebook! Jack's prayers are similar only it's "thank you for" everything - when we were just starting potty training it was often "thank you for my underwear" :) I love the innocence in their thought processes at times :)

SingingTeacher said...

ahahah! thank you for my underwear. Yes. :)

Ab said...

Too cute! We get a lot of "thank you for the window, thank you for the wall, thank you for the lamp" in bedtime prayers too. I'm pretty sure she's stalling half the time, but how can you discourage a cute little prayer like that?