Tuesday, December 20, 2011

sometimes looking at my boys at night...



...when the little one wakes up with his pathetic little cry for mom's milk...




...when the older one stirs and makes noise in his bed and cries because he's gone into our room and we're not there yet...




...and I am amazed at my ability to forget the frustration of the mundane day-to-day work schedule...





...forget the helpless nature of "not-enough-time"...



...forget the hardness of the day...




...and see only my little ones, vulnerable and needy...





...growing so fast like the ever rising sun...




...and I pray the hopeless prayer that they will never leave me...




...that they will remain in this pure form forever...




...tiny feet, grasping hands, hugging arms, and innocent minds...





...and I hope to God that He gives me the ability to not screw it up.




I am overwhelmed with gratitude in the gifts of my children and husband. I could never be enough, and yet, am here purposefully in God's will at this moment with them. Thank God that He is enough. May I strive to remember only that. If I keep my eyes on Jesus, whom He graciously sent to us here on earth - only then will I be at peace.

No comments: