Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

(in random order of importance)

1. learn to garden (so I can have a small vegetable garden in the spring/summer of 2012 - I'm thinking tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, and squash/zucchini...maybe just tomatoes as I've never grown anything in my life and I've heard they are easy.)

2. begin exercising again (join a gym! our new health plan will pay for this! yippee!)

3. bake bread at least 2 times a month (I have an irrational fear of getting flour everywhere...I wish it was an irrational fear of something else, like the bread not rising or something, but...alas. I am that repulsed by that kind of a mess. So, this will be a really challenging goal.)

4. Create a sitting area in my room where I can sit and read. Mostly for Bible reading and prayer in the morning, as I have been hard-pressed to find any sort of regular time during my day to do this with these darn lovely children around. I'm guessing it will have to be morning. Which brings me to a related resolution...

5. Get up before family to do said Bible reading and prayer. I believe this is so important that I should forgo the precious half hour longer of sleep that I truly believe I need at that hour in the morning, and I would like to attempt a habit making practice of it.

6. Not eat fast food. (coffee does not count. Just sayin'.)

I think these are do-able. And realistic. There are no huge details to these goals, except for the 2x/week bread making thing. And all these will be helping to make life a little bit better. Here's to 2012!

1 comment:

sarah marie said...

FYI, green beans and squashes are super easy to grow! Sounds like fun; I hope you enjoy gardening.