1. learn to garden (so I can have a small vegetable garden in the spring/summer of 2012 - I'm thinking tomatoes, green beans, lettuce, and squash/zucchini...maybe just tomatoes as I've never grown anything in my life and I've heard they are easy.)
2. begin exercising again (join a gym! our new health plan will pay for this! yippee!)
3. bake bread at least 2 times a month (I have an irrational fear of getting flour everywhere...I wish it was an irrational fear of something else, like the bread not rising or something, but...alas. I am that repulsed by that kind of a mess. So, this will be a really challenging goal.)
4. Create a sitting area in my room where I can sit and read. Mostly for Bible reading and prayer in the morning, as I have been hard-pressed to find any sort of regular time during my day to do this with these
5. Get up before family to do said Bible reading and prayer. I believe this is so important that I should forgo the precious half hour longer of sleep that I truly believe I need at that hour in the morning, and I would like to attempt a habit making practice of it.
6. Not eat fast food. (coffee does not count. Just sayin'.)
I think these are do-able. And realistic. There are no huge details to these goals, except for the 2x/week bread making thing. And all these will be helping to make life a little bit better. Here's to 2012!