Wednesday, May 16, 2012

happiness

Since the beginning of rehearsals for Carmen, I have realized something.



Even though I am (we are) spending more money on gas (almost twice as much) per week than before...

even though I am spending approximately 6 hours in the car by myself per week...

even though I have to plan out our household stuff way in advance(meals, cleaning, family activities)...

even though I am really pretty tired most days from getting home at 11 3-4 nights a week...



...I am a much happier person.



I am realizing that being able to sing and act and be dramatic and do something I love while challenging myself beyond choral and teaching is so rewarding. Even though I am really stretched out...I really do think that I am a better person in general for having performing be a regular part of my life again.

2 comments:

Ab said...

So happy for you Jen! You go girl :-) Hope your legs are feeling better today, heehee!!

Catherine said...

I wish I could "like" this post, but I guess a comment works the same way...

LIKE