Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas update ramblings

"It's the most wonderful tiiiiiiiime of the year!"

(except for summer. But don't tell anyone I really think that...)

But truly....I LOVE Christmas.  I made Jon go out and get us a Christmas tree the first weekend after thanksgiving, because I just. couldn't. wait. any. longer.  We had already been listening to Christmas music for about 2 weeks at that point.  Yes, I just saw you roll your eyes...we are those people you love to be annoyed by.  :)

And I thought I had a handle on presents this year...but alas, here we are 7 days away from the exchanging and I still have a few to pick up.  It's just hard when I have 2 very small children to drag around with me.  I have done it, but some days we just don't get to where needs to be gotten to. And like, today...it's about 2 degrees outside (quite literally) and I don't want to bring my clear-snot-nose-like-a-faucet two year old outside to run errands so that he will turn into a green-snot-nose-like-a-faucet two year old. Not with a 2 month old in the house.  The less sick, the better.

The poor child has been eating about 2 garlic cloves a day. (but he actually likes it and asks for more!)

There are many other things besides running errands that need to get done, but Isabelle is sleeping on me and I just can't bring myself to put her down so I can clean a toilet.  I mean, you know?

She's so stinking cute.  All smiles and starting to talk at us a bit.  She's still the easiest baby...we all love her.  The boys are finally showing a bit of regression and behavior issues here and there...but it could just be a stage they're in or the Christmas season.  Let's not blame the super-huge change in family dynamics.  :)

Oh, and by the way...I was offered a new role!  This spring, I am going to be Despina in Greater Worcester Opera's Cosi Fan Tutte.  It's a staged, costumed, concert version, sung in English, so rehearsals will be minimal.  That's one of the reasons I decided to do it, but the other is I need an outlet!  I am already feeling a bit squidgy with staying home all the time...I know I'll get more used to it, and it is what I feel called to do, but...being home with a toddler all day is trying (but wonderful to be with him all day at the same time)!


No comments: